July Camp NaNo
I was off to a pretty decent start – got a few words or so ahead of the game then didn’t do a lick of writing these past two (or is it 3?) days. Sigh. So much going on right now (as you’ll see below) that I’m living in “overwhelmed” mode. I wake most weekday mornings with a sense of anxiety making me jumpy. Then in the evenings, my to-do list looms large and I’ve just not been in touch with my characters. It’s hard to hear them over the sounds of the butterfly wings as they beat by the thousands it seems in my stomach.
Healthy Living Challenges / Count Down to 50 (Month 11)
I have no one to blame but myself for this monster list of activities and such. Perhaps, if I slow down this weekend, I’ll post what I’ve got going on in my world.
- Biggest Loser Challenge – Count Down to 50 Edition, Round 1 – Week 1: nothing to report on this as it’s just day three. I am off to a good start though. I’ve cut my caloric intake by a few hundred whatever it is you measure calories in (lol); I’ve eliminated sugary drinks and am managing my portion sizes.
- The Caffeinated Writer – 8 Week Challenge, Week 5: Want to know where I am in this Challenge? Just take a gander at the rest of this list in my post, lol. I’m all over the map but am keeping up with how everyone is doing :-). Click the link to get the latest and to cheer everyone on.
- Nerd Fitness Academy, July 2016 – I’m in my second month and have decided not to do any more NF Challenges for a while, as the Academy and my Count Down to 50 deals cover every aspect of healthy living I’m trying to build into my life. Specifically though for this month: I’ve begun my workouts. The first one was yesterday and let me tell you, I’ve got a long way to go strength-wise. My little pitiful push-ups are hardly worth the effort but if I want to get to a point where I can knock out 50 military style push-ups with ease, I’ve got to start somewhere. I’m moving along nicely through the nutrition plan. I’m only at a level 2 right now, but that’s what’s got me knowing (and reducing) my calories, no longer drinking the sweet stuff, and easing my way into some other major dietary changes. I’ll be a level 4 by the end of the month :-).
The Happiness Tag
Once again, Tracy over at A Joyful Process, has gifted me with a Blog Award tag. This time, it’s The Happiness Tag :-). A very fitting tag from a person whose blogs put a smile on my face daily. If you’re into music, you’ll do well to follow his blog.
Anyway, the rules for this tag are:
- List 5 things that make you happy.
- List 5 songs that make you happy.
- List 5 bloggers that make you happy. Let them know they have been nominated, and you are done.
I like to put the blog links first so here are five blogs I think will generate some happy should you click and read:
Now, let’s see…5 things that make me happy…
- My Business (writing, publishing, coaching)
- Being on or near large bodies of water. This was a restaurant where I had lunch on the island of Mykonos. The food could have been lousy (but it wasn’t) and I still would have enjoyed this moment as those tables sat damn near in the water.
- Travel of any kind.
- Hanging with my friends and family.
- Being me and sharing that on the blog.
As for songs..there’s so much music out there that puts me in a rightously happy mood; narrowing it down to five is well, difficult at best. So, what follows are the first five that came to mind. The first one though, I credit with saving my life as it’s the song I remember listening to whilst in the depths of my deepest depressions in my 20s. It had a way of cutting through my thoughts of suicide like no other song at that time and since.
Alright, a rather lengthy post (visually), eh? Hope you have a great rest of the day (night)!