- Weight – 208.1
- Body Fat Percentage – 38.3%
In a living room far, far, away…
I’ve assembled my gear – no need to spend any more money. Don’t have it to spend if truth be told. What I have on hand will have to do; no excuses that way. Anyway, my gear:
- internet connection
- Nerd Fitness Yoga program (downloaded and ready to roll)
- HDMI cable so I can hook the laptop up to the TV
- food (relatively good stuff, gotta watch it on the carb intake, reduce my sauces, that kind of thing)
- body (can’t go anywhere without it, lol)
- set of dumbbells
- desire to no longer be built like a couch potato
My Yoda? Well, I’m trusting my Divinity to take on that roll.
My training begins on May 8th and runs through June 4th. (4 Week Challenge). My BuJo will serve as my planning / execution tracker.
This first challenge sets the stage. I must begin to condition my body, mind, and spirit; learn to use the Force in a positive way, avoiding The Dark Side and it’s delicious cookies ;-).
Body: I’m going for fit and flexible, muscled but not all that bulked up. I want strength, endurance, and balance. So for this challenge, I’m building a foundation with a mix of Yoga, body weight training, and walking.
- Challenge goal – Exercise 27 days: walk three times a day (one of those has to be a mile minimum); body weight routine (push-ups & squats) three times a week, Yoga three times a week.
- Challenge goal – Cook and eat minimum 80 meals (out of 3 meals / day / 30 days); drink 16 ozs. water with every meal. Eat foods as close to their ‘raw’ state as possible. Little to no sauce or spreads. Honey over sugars, naturally sweet over everything. Grown instead of processed; nothing that comes already cooked or prepared, in a bag.
Mind: Get back into my creativity; tapping into the excitement of learning something new. Strengthen the muscle that is my brain.
- Challenge goal – Portuguese: practice my basic phrases for five minutes each day.
- Challenge goal – Word games and vocabulary study: pick up a puzzle book, spend an hour on the weekends doing crosswords, logic puzzles, word scrambles, etc. Look up all words I’m not familiar with and use them in my current novel draft.
Spirit: Obviously, need to ‘reawaken the Force’ within.
- Challenge goal – Meditate for a minimum of five minutes in the morning and evening every day.
You can find, friend, and join me in my limited fitness social media worlds:
Even though the challenge doesn’t officially start until Sunday, I kicked things off yesterday:
- walk 1 – 9:05 AM
- walk 2 – 2:27 PM
- walk 3 – 4:25 PM, 1.3 miles
- push-ups – 2
- squats – 2
- dinner at home (not the healthiest meal but not too, too bad)
I’ve got quite a ways to go to meet my challenge goals, but then that’s what makes them a challenge, eh?
Thanks for stopping by. I’ll be back with an update on the business side of things. Lots of work to be done there, the Legit Launch happens July 18th – the 8 year anniversary of my first published work of fiction. 🙂