So, my first self-help deal didn’t pan out. I had beta-testers lined up, survey responses compiled, then only one person followed through. I abandoned the project after two months, sad that I didn’t get nearly the level of response I had hoped for. But the desire to uplift / connect / be a positive influence hasn’t left me, just struggling to find a way to do it that comes from my soul. To that end, I want to ask you a few questions.
You’re out and about, doing your thing and a stranger comes up to you, could be male or female – definitely human for all intents and purposes. They are clean, approached you with a smile and reach out to hand you a business card.
First question – would you take the card or not?
Let’s say you take the card. Once it’s securely in your hand, the person doesn’t stop to chat, just hands you the card, perhaps parts with a “have a nice day” before going on about their business. You look at the card and see on one side, one of the following statements
- Love the outfit, you look amazing in it!
- Love your hair!
- It’s okay to seek and ask for help; sometimes even the strongest of us needs a hand.
- You’ve survived this long and that’s something to feel good about.
- Yes, you deserve sincere compliments. When they happen, don’t knock it, ACCEPT it – perhaps with a shy smile – and a warm “Thank-you.”
- You were born worthy of love and respect. Nothing’s changed since then other than your age.
- No, really…You’re awesome just as you are.
- You have divine, universal permission to love yourself first.
- You’re alive which means you have the ability to gather the resources you’ll need to do and have the things you want.
Second question – How do you think you’d feel / think?
You turn the card over and on the other side you read, ” This card was given to you with sincerity. You’ve just had a random, positive connection with a fellow human being. Feel free to revel in the warm vibe. Keep this card to be reminded of how good it felt, or pay it forward and pass this card (with sincerity) on to some one else.”
Third question – do you think your feelings about the experience would change? If so, how? How do you think you would feel about having been chosen to receive it?
Fourth question – Would you think less of receiving it if there was a business name attached, as in a small line at the bottom that said, “courtesy of XYZ business.” ?
You’re responses are definitely appreciated, and much-needed. Thank you!