Copied from the BookLogix contest page. Go here for website and more information.
BookLogix and the AJC Decatur Book Festival, the largest independent book festival in the country, will select one talented writer to receive a publishing prize package from BookLogix (maximum total prize value of $5,000)! Submit your book’s synopsis for consideration in the annual BookLogix & AJC Decatur Book Festival Writers Contest!
Winner will have their manuscript published by BookLogix. Publishing of the winning manuscript includes:
• Editing, Layout/Formatting of inside pages, Cover design
• Book will be Copyrighted to the Author; Author retains all rights to the content
• A BookLogix ISBN will be assigned to the book
• 25 printed Black & White paperback copies (cover will be in color) (Author may purchase additional copies as desired)
• Online bookselling on Amazon® and BookLogix BookStore with quarterly royalty payments paid to the author based on copies sold.
• eBook conversion, BookLogix eISBN, and eBook selling on Amazon®, Apple iBooks®, and BarnesandNoble.com® with quarterly royalty payments paid to the author based on copies sold.
• Book Signing Package (includes: Mounted Poster, bookmarks & postcards)
The estimated total value of this prize package is $5000.
Please note, illustration services, photography services, marketing services and advertising are not included in the prize package.
In placing your print book and eBook for sale online, BookLogix does not guarantee that copies of your book will be purchased.
All book-length categories are eligible.
(Please note that if you submit a children’s book, we cannot provide illustrations or photography as part of the publishing prize package, and the free printed copies will be in black & white on the inside; cover will be in color.) This contest is open to English-language manuscripts only.
Authors may submit no more than one (1) synopsis for consideration.
Author must provide email address, phone number, and book genre and synopsis in entry form. Entries that do not have all required information will be disqualified.
Only previously unpublished manuscripts are eligible for the contest. A “previously unpublished manuscript” is one that has never been published before. In the event that a manuscript is entered into the contest and subsequently published prior to the conclusion of the contest, that entry will be automatically disqualified.
10 Semi-Finalists will be required to provide front matter and chapter 1 of book when selected.
If selected as the winner, winner must provide manuscript to BookLogix by January 1, 2015.
Manuscript length may not exceed 175 8.5” x 11” pages, and must be formatted in this manner:
• 1” margins on all sides
• Size 12 font
HOW TO ENTER
• Online using the form below.
• In-person on a paper form at the BookLogix booth and the AJC DBF info booth during the AJC Decatur Book Festival on August 30 and 31, 2014.
• Before entering, entrant must read all Terms & Conditions of the contest.
• All entries must be received by 12 p.m. on Monday, September 1, 2014.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. This contest is open to all authors ages 18 and over.
ENTRY INFO NEEDED
• Name & Contact Info (required)
• Book Title
• Book Genre (required)
• Book Synopsis of no more than 150 words (required)
All entries must be received by 12 p.m. on Monday, September 1, 2014.
If selected as a finalist, must submit front matter & Chapter 1 of book when selected.
Winner must provide manuscript by January 1, 2015.
If you have any questions, please e-mail contest@BookLogix.com. We will respond to inquiries as quickly as possible.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Entries will be judged using the following criteria:
• Writing skill
• Potential for audience appeal
FINALIST/ WINNER SELECTION
Ten (10) finalists will be selected from among the contest entries, and announced on September 8, 2014.
One (1) winner will then be selected from among the three finalists, and announced on September 22, 2014 on the AJC Decatur Book Festival and BookLogix’s websites.
After selection, winner will be asked to meet with BookLogix staff to review the publishing process and BookLogix’s Terms and Conditions.