It’s just day three of my positivity challenge. I have to work at it; work at not focusing on the past or future but instead paying close attention to the here / now. While I was involved in one such exercise, the following random statements were uttered by one of my inner voices. I’m going to share them with you now just because that’s what I do.
- Each sleep is a little death. Today is my last today when I close my eyes. Living then is from the moment my eyes open. Making the living mean something as I do it. Yesterday – goodbye. That person died at bedtime. Wake anew, reborn into this new life.
- Rise & shine. I am greater than I’ve lead you to believe.
- Lived in my idea of your perception of me so long I forgot myself.
- Forgiving = no longer living captive in the negative past, held there by the pain. It does not mean I want to know you, be with you, be friends. But it does mean I can move on, be released.
- I avoid confrontation because I don’t like to feel. Don’t know how to deal with / express the feelings that come.
The randomness continued as songs suddenly popped into my head. Decided to make sound tracks for parts of my life.
For the many personalities (still working on this one):
- I Love You, Me by Cherokee
- I’m Still Standing by Elton John
- Be Yourself by Patti LaBelle
- I am Not My Hair by India Aire
- Cleva by Eryka Badu
Describing my love life to date (ACK)
- I Can’t Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt or Prince (both versions rock)
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benetar
- Heartbreaker by Pat Benetar
- Ready for Love by India Aire
- No One’s Gonna Love You by S.O.S Band
- Through With Love by Destiny’s Child
- Three Letter Word by Jaimie Foxx
Whew. Neither list is complete of course. And Heaven knows my life is much more complicated (sometimes) than any lyrics in any song can describe, but hey, this was a random day and random days in this writers head will get you some crazy thoughts written in a blog. 🙂